Steps to Buying a Home in the Bay Area
Even with the self-distancing limitations we face today in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can still be considering real estate investments and preparing for homeownership. When you finally make the decision to invest in your first home, it can be terrifying. Where to begin? What to do first? Here is some solid advice from Keeping Current Matters, a real estate publication, that may lessen your anxiety and point you in the right direction:
- Save for your down payment: Create a budget and keep to it!
- Know your credit score: Learn your score and clean up debts.
- Find a local real estate agent you are comfortable with: They can help you find your home and negotiate your needs with the seller.
- Get pre-approved: You will have a better chance of making the deal with a verified approval of what you can afford.
- Find a home: Based on your “must have’s”, search with your agent.
- Make an offer: Determine your price and listen to your agent.
- Have a home inspection: Address any hidden issues with the seller.
- Get a home appraisal: Ensure the home is worth the price you pay.
- Close the deal: Schedule a closing date when the loan is approved.
Congratulations! Move In!
If you are adequately prepared before you contact with your real estate agent, you will have an easier time making some of the more essential decisions.
It especially helps to know the difference between “needs” and “wants” when it comes to home shopping. Don’t be swayed by the glitz, especially if it is way out of your budget. Being smart in the San Francisco real estate market could land you a great home! Know what you can afford and stick with it.
If you find that you don’t qualify for a conventional loan, give Sun Pacific Mortgage a call at 707-523-2099. We have helped thousands like you to get into their first home when they thought all was lost, using our alternative financing programs. And since we have lived in the Bay Area for over 3 decades, we are familiar with how to help you buy a home here.