San Francisco Real Estate Stats for December 2020
The real estate market in San Francisco continued its wild ride into the new year. Below is a snapshot of just how crazy the market was for homeowners and investors:
- Inventory of all properties for sale as of January 11, 2021: 964 (a significant drop from 1644 active just one month ago, but more than double the 456 properties active in January 2020)
- Year-Over Year Increase: 55%
- Month-Over Month Increase: 10%
Single Family Homes:
- Ave. Sales Price: $2,090,948 (Nov-$2,118,659, Dec 2019-$1,952,879)
- Average Days on Market: 29
- Average Listing Price: $2,043,645
- Average Selling Price Per/SqFt: $1,003.32
- Asking vs Sold Prices: 82 below; 15 same; 170 above.
By the end of the year there was less than 1.5 months of inventory left, leaving 2021 to start as a definite seller’s market.
If you are thinking of getting into the market in San Francisco or anywhere else in California, but want a leg up with stronger offer or faster close or just get turned down elsewhere, Sun Pacific Mortgage can arrange for a private money loan. We are a family owned and operated mortgage business that has been there to help thousands of borrowers for over 3 decades. Give us a call at 707-523-2099.